Duration: 3 days
This course is designed to introduce the attendee to IBM Optim and to Optim’s capabilities in helping clients to manage data growth. You will use Optim processes to archive, delete, browse, restore, load, and insert data. You will also learn to use Open Data Manager (ODM) to access archived files and perform management activities.
This course prepares technical users with the Optim knowledge and skills necessary to participate in an Optim implementation project and confidently perform Optim tasks ongoing. During the course, hands-on exercises will be used to check the attendee’s progress.
This course uses IBM InfoSphere Optim Data Growth Solution V9.1 on distributed systems.
- Discuss how the Optim Solution supports a data privacy strategy
- Describe how the Optim Solution fits into the architectural landscape
- Discuss how to define selection criteria
- Describe how the Optim archive process works
- Set personal and product options
- Define selection criteria
- Describe to define Optim relationships and Optim keys
- Archive data from a source database
- Delete data from a source database
- Restore data to a target database or storage device
- Create table maps and column maps
- Search and browse archived data
- Describe how to implement Optim archive actions
- Use the File Maintenance Facility to split, hold, and expire archive files
- Describe how to define Optim relationships and Optim primary keys
- Use the command line interface to run Optim processes
- Use the Optim utilities to backup and reload the Optim Directory
- Use the Optim utilities to schedule Optim jobs
- Discuss the security options available with Optim
- List best practices for Optim implementation
- Describe how to create collections of archived data
- Describe how to access archived data through the Open Data Manager (ODM)
- Use basic Window functionality
- Discuss basic relational database concepts and objects, such as tables, indexes, views, and joins
- Construct and use basic SQL statements
This course is also available as web-based training.