Duration: 4 days
In this course, students will learn the basic concepts of data management with Informix 12.10. They will learn how to create, manage, and maintain tables and indexes; how the Informix Optimizer works; and how to use the SET EXPLAIN feature to determine query effectiveness.
- Select the Informix data types appropriate for storing your data
- Create and maintain databases, tables, and indexes
- Estimate size and extent requirements for tables and indexes
- Create index strategies to improve performance
- Create and maintain table and index partitioning(fragmentation)
- Implement referential and entity integrity
- Manage database and table modes
- Manage violations logging
- Describe how the optimizer builds an optimal query plan
- Use the SET EXPLAIN feature to capture optimizer query plans
- Use directives and environment variables to influence the optimizer
- Optimize the query plan using UPDATE STATISTICS
- Manage end-user concurrency
- Use permissions and roles to manage data security
- Create and use views
- Manage smart large objects
- Create and manage triggers
The main audience for this course is Informix Database Administrators. It is also appropriate for Informix System Administrators and Informix Application Developers.
Students in this course should satisfy the following prerequisites:
- IX101 – Introduction to Informix terminology and data types (or equivalent experience or knowledge)
- Knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience using basic Linux functionality
Classroom and hands on lab exercises.Course available by request – please contact us for further details.
This course is offered as web-based training. Please contact us for more information.