Duration: 5 days
Get an introduction to the powerful features of Informix 4GL, a complete fourth-generation application development language. Using Informix 4GL, build an integrated application that features easy-to-use menus, data entry screens, reports, and online help, all with significantly less code than conventional programming languages require. The course materials address Informix 4GL 7.50.xC3.
- Develop custom applications using Informix 4GL
- Create custom menus
- Create custom data entry forms
- Effectively use SQL statements in your application
- Incorporate error handling routines into your application
- Integrate online help facilities into your application
- Use transactions in your application
- Produce custom reports
- Use screen arrays
- Insert multiple rows using arrays
- Execute dynamic SQL statements
- Lock database rows during updates
- Deploy functions to Web services
This is an intermediate course for application developers.
- Previous programming experience
- Experience in using Structure Query Language (SQL)
- Experience on a UNIX or Linux platform (recommended)
Classroom and hands on lab exercises.Course available by request – please contact us for further details.