Duration: 5 days
This course is designed to teach the students how to prevent application performance problems and to improve the performance of existing applications.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Design better indexes
- Determine how to live with the optimizer (avoid pitfalls, help when necessary
- Avoid locking problems
- Use accounting traces to find significant performance problems in an operational application
- DB2 for z/OS application developers
- DB2 for z/OS DBA’s
- Anyone with a responsibility for application performance and tuning in a DB2 for z/OS environment
- Familiarity with DB2 for z/OS application programming
Classroom and hands on lab exercises.