Duration: 2 days
The course includes discussion of how DB2 products provide services. The focus is on the services DB2 provides and how we work with DB2, not on its internal workings.
The course materials cover DB2 for z/OS Version 9 and DB2 9 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows.
- List and describe the major components of DB2
- Explain the characteristics of a DB2 table
- Understand the basic concepts of data modelling
- Comprehend the processing instructions given to DB2 via simple SQL statements
- List and describe several ways to build (write) and execute SQL statements
- List and describe steps needed to imbed SQL statements in an application program
- Explain some of the functions performed by, and the responsibilities of, database and system administrators
- Establish a base for more specialised DB2 education
- Application developers, database and systems administrators, technical support personnel.
- Persons needing an introductory knowledge of DB2, and persons preparing for advanced and specialised DB2 education.
This course is offered as web-based training. Please contact us for more information.