Duration: 1 day
This course is designed to describe the major technical features and enhancements provided by the DB2 for Linux, UNIX and Windows database 11.1 software. DB2 LUW 11.1 continues to enhance the BLU Acceleration function that was added in DB2 10.5, including support for massively parallel partitioned database clusters. There are also a number of important enhancements for DB2 pureScale clusters, including additional HADR synchronization options. DB2 11.1 expands on the Native Encryption feature for DB2 databases by supporting a centralised security key manager database.
This is an intermediate level course for students that will plan and implement the new DB2 LUW 11.1 release functions for database servers.
- Experience supporting DB2 Linux, UNIX and Windows Version 9.7, 10.1 or 10.5 databases.
- For a better understanding of the BLU Acceleration feature, you should attend the course CL45: Implementation and Use of DB2 BLU Acceleration.
- For background concepts and skills on DB2 pureScale, you should attend the course CL80: DB2 10.5 pureScale Implementation and Management for DB2 LUW Administrators.
- DB2 BLU Enhancements
- DB2 BLU Support for MPP
- DB2 11.1 pureScale Enhancements
- Centralized Encryption Management
- Installation Planning and Migration
- Additional DB2 11.1 Enhancements
Classroom and hands on lab exercises.
This course is also offered as web-based training. Please contact us for more information.