Duration: 2 days
This course allows the attendees to gain basic knowledge and skill in using InfoSphere Data Architect 9.1 to diagram and document logical and physical database models and to employ the physical design functions. It includes several machine exercises utilising various functions of InfoSphere Data Architect 9.1.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Use the Eclipse interface to employ InfoSphere Data Architect functions.
- Given a logical model, use InfoSphere Data Architect to draw the visual diagram and store the model information.
- Show the InfoSphere Data Architect functionality for Web publishing and PDF reporting.
- Define the InfoSphere Data Architect capabilities to provide team support.
- Use the logical model documented with InfoSphere Data Architect to produce a physical model.
- Explain how to use InfoSphere Data Architect to create a physical model from existing DDL.
- Use the Connection and Data Source Explorer.
- Perform transformations using InfoSphere Data Architect.
- Evaluate the use of validation and dependency analysis as provided with InfoSphere Data Architect.
- Create and manage mapping models.
Data modelers, physical database designers, application analysts, database administrators, and other personnel who need to perform logical and physical modeling and associated functions as provided by InfoSphere Data Architect.
- Basic skills in logical data modeling
- Knowledge of general RDBMS terminology
Classroom and hands on lab exercises.