Duration: 4 days
Featuring an extensive introduction to the specific concepts of Content Manager (CM) Version 8, learn to administer and customize an IBM CM system. Gain practical experience in configuring CM to meet your enterprise needs through lectures and extensive hands-on exercises. The hands-on labs for this course are taught in only a Microsoft Windows environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the students will be able to:
- Understand the role of content management in the enterprise
- Understand how Content Manager can be used to fulfill those roles
- Understand the various components of CM 8 and their relationship
- Understand how to model content for use in CM 8
- This class does not discuss:
- Content Manager OnDemand
- Programming: this is covered in the Data Management course IM251
System administrators, Information Technology (IT) architects, system analysts, image market specialists, services specialists, consultants, application programmers, and other individuals who plan, install, support, or customize IBM CM.
To maximize the benefits of this course, we require that you have met the following prerequisites:
- Familiarity with Windows 2000 desktop and an understanding of basic Windows functions.
- Experience as a system administrator, system analyst, image market specialist, services specialist, consultant or application programmer.
- Additionally, the student should have basic DB2 and WebSphere administration skills.
- Data Model
- Content Manager and WebSphere
- Pre-Installation Setup
- Server Installation
- Windows Client Install
- Using the Windows Client
- Building the Document
- eClient Install
- Using the eClient
- Fundamental Document Routing
- Using Fundamental Document Routing
- Advanced Document Routing
- Administrative Domains
- System Managed Storage
- Problem Determination
Classroom and hands on lab exercisesCourse available by request – please contact us for further details.