Duration: 2 days
The course includes lectures and several intensive hands-on machine exercises with DB2 SQL replication components: Capture, Apply, Monitor, and the Replication Center. The machine exercises will be performed using the DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows on a Windows workstation, but the skills developed from these exercises are also applicable to the DB2 for z/OS environment.
- Use the command line processor, asnclp, to create control tables, register source tables, and create subscriptions
- Explain DB2 SQL Replication control tables
- Describe details of selected Capture, Apply, and administration functional processes
- Explain representative techniques for accomplishing desired replication administration tasks beyond the basic operations of Apply and Capture
- Use DB2 SQL Replication problem determination facilities
- Relate basic performance considerations for Replication operations
These skills could be obtained by completing the course CE22, Using SQL Replication, plus some on-the-job usage of DB2 SQL Replication and Replication Center to define and manage replication objects.
This course is also offered as web-based training. Please contact us for more information.