Duration: 4 days
Use the Replication Center Graphical User Interface (GUI) to perform the Q Replication operations necessary to define, manage, and maintain queue-based data replication functions for DB2 for z/OS and DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows. Additionally, incorporate the use of the ASNCLP command line interpreter for definitional tasks, along with utilities such as ASNTDIFF and ASNTREP and the Q Replication Dashboard, in your replication environment.
Discover how InfoSphere Replication Server can be engaged to publish transactions in either an Extensible Markup Language (XML) format or in a character delimited format. Become versed in the use of the WebSphere MQ queues required by InfoSphere Replication Server.
Included are a number of intensive hands-on machine exercises demonstrating InfoSphere Replication Server’s capabilities in unidirectional replication as well as multidirectional replication. Linux will serve as the control point for administering the InfoSphere Replication Server for Linux, UNIX, Windows, and z/OS.
- Use InfoSphere Replication Server to perform queue-based data replication activities in a multiplatform environment
- Define WebSphere MQ queues required by Q Replication
- Detail each of the four basic tasks performed during Q Replication (preparation, infrastructure, definitional, and operational)
- Define, manage, and maintain queue-based data replication functions using ASNCLP
- Describe the Q Capture Schemas, Q Subscriptions, and Q Apply Browser components
- Highlight Q Replication’s transaction publishing capabilities
- Use ASNTDIFF and ASNTREP to synchronize two tables
- Use the Replication Monitor to setup alert notification for chosen exceptions
- Discuss the implications of using bidirectional or two node peer-to-peer in a failover scenario
Skills or experience in the following specific areas enable you to more easily navigate the course material and facilitate in the execution of the exercises:
- Relational databases
- Database system design
- DB2 Control Center
- DB2 platform knowledge
This course is offered as web-based training. Please contact us for more information.