Duration: 40 hours (self-paced)
- Describe the components of InfoSphere Edition
- Use the Design Studio to physically model tables that will be used as sources and targets for the SQL Warehouse Tool
- Use the Design Studio to create Data Flows in order to move data within DB2
- Combine Data Flows into Control Flows and deploy the Control Flows into the SQL Warehouse Tool runtime environment
- Describe the different data mining algorithms supported by InfoSphere Intelligent Miner
- Create Mining Flows that will create data mining models and score those models against new data
- Use Intelligent Miner Visualizers to view data mining results
- Use Cubing Services to create MQTs to enhance some OLAP tools’ performance
- Extract data from an unstructured text field in order to enhance a data mining run
- Use a MiningBlox to invoke a data mining run via an IBM AlphaBlox application
WEB BASED TRAINING (WBT) IS SELF-DIRECTED AND SELF-PACED. Before you enroll, review the system requirements to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. AFTER YOU ARE ENROLLED IN THIS COURSE, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL YOUR ENROLLMENT. You are billed for the course when you submit the enrollment form. Web Based Training courses are non-refundable. Once you purchase a Web Based Training course, you will be charged the full price
Web Based Training courses are sold on a per-user basis. WBT courses provide a training advantage for you and your teams, helping you get up to speed quickly. Take the courses you need, at your convenience and at your own pace.
You can start the course at any time within 12 months of enrolling for the course. After you register/start the course, you have 30 days to complete your course. Within this 30 days, the self-paced format gives you the opportunity to complete the course at your convenience, at any location, and at your own pace. The course is available 24 hours a day.
To participate in both the lectures and labs for this course, the student workstation must meet the following hardware requirements:
- Minimum of 256 MB of memory
- Windows 98 or higher
- Headset with microphone, or separate microphone and speakers
- Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher
- 128-bit encryption (Versions of Internet Explorer prior to version 6.0 and Windows 98, NT 4.0, and 2000 must have the High Encryption Packs installed)
- Citrix ICA Client (Installed when you access e-lab during class)
- High speed internet (56K bps or higher)
NOTE: The Citrix application (web client or full package) requires access to port 443 (https). Please ensure personal and corporate firewalls have this port open.